Restoration of Lighthouse Keeper’s Quarters
The Sandy Hook Lighthouse Keeper’s Quarters, a National Historic Landmark located adjacent to the lighthouse, is now fully restored and open to the public. Constructed in 1883, the rehabilitation reflects the building’s appearance in the mid-to-late 1930’s.
The first floor is used as public orientation space for lighthouse tours and special educational and historical exhibits, with one room set aside as a gift shop for the NJ Lighthouse Society.
The second floor includes offices and a meeting room for the NJ Lighthouse Society and The Sandy Hook Foundation, and the third floor has boarding rooms The house is open from 1-5 daily. Groups need reservations in advance for a Lighthouse tour. Contact the park Visitor Center at 732-872-5970.